The programme is tailored for therapists who have limited previous training on cerebral palsy or exposure to clients with cerebral palsy, and builds a basic foundation in skills relating to assessment, positioning, feeding, communication and AAC, practical everyday activities for stimulation and play, teaching strategies and adaptations in the classroom, and play.
Who should attend:
Health care therapists working on management of patients with neurological dysfunction, including cerebral palsy. The programme is particularly tailored to the needs of therapists with limited previous training on cerebral palsy, including Community Service therapists.
Programme for Day 1
- What is Hambisela?
- Classification, assessment and treatment
- Positioning and equipment for function
- Therapeutic feeding
Programme for Day 2
- Communication and AAC (Augmentative and alternative communication)
- Practical everyday activities
- Teaching strategies and adaptations in the classroom
- Play and toys
- Facilitating a group
- Case studies